Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Gunsmithing > H & R 32 Cal Self loader
H & R 32 Cal Self loader
Replies for H & R 32 Cal Self loader
Jerry877425
Author Image
Posted: March 23, 2013 6:38 AM

Hi all,

I'm new here. I have H& R 32 cal. self loader that was my Grandfathers. The pistol will not fire. It seems the gun will not cock or release the firing pin when the trigger is pulled. Note The slide moves without issue.

I want to remove the slide from the gun but I'm having issues doing so. I have removed the drift pins, the trigger guard and still no luck.

Does anyone have disassembly information on this weapon. I really want to fix this for my Dad so he can shoot it again. I wanted ready for his birthday but it looks like that's not happening.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jerry
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 23, 2013 9:46 AM
You can find the directions in The NRA Guide to Pistols and Revolvers  Firearms Assembly 4 (from www.nra.org) This model was introd... can also look into the magazine well and see the magazine safeety lever protruding from the rear wall of the well...you can depress this with a screwdriver or some such tool and the FP should fall(if the gun is cocked and empty) when the trigger is pulled. Try a google search, using H&R Self-Loading Pistol and you should find a tape of the disassembly/reassembly process on YouTube
Jerry877425
Author Image
Posted: March 25, 2013 11:40 AM
Thanks Zeke,

I finally got the gun apart. The hammer was stuck which wouldn't allow the slide to be removed. I have all the parts cleaned and working with exception to the firing without manual help. The arm that goes from the grip safety to the trigger will not come up in place to allow the trigger to push the release for the firing pin slide.

So I'm not sure at this point if the spring is bad in the grip safety or the grip safety bar.

I'm trying to contact the someone hear at this site for parts information but the phone numbers are always busy with exception to the customer support number puts me in a loop and I never get a live person.

I have been goggling my butt off that's how I found this site.

I haven't found any video on YouTube yet but I'll keep trying.

Jerry
Jerry877425
Author Image
Posted: March 25, 2013 4:18 PM
Update - I have the weapon working. Apparently there was a user error. Once I put the magazine in the Grip safety bar worked as it should. I should of notice this early since the only really issue was the weapon was froze up from dirt build up.

I want to say thank you for your help.

Our members have made a total of 239760 posts
We have 509218 registered members
The newest member is Alex1024927
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies