Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Gunsmithing > Mossberg Model 151(b) 22 cal semi auto long rifle
Mossberg Model 151(b) 22 cal semi auto long rifle
Replies for Mossberg Model 151(b) 22 cal semi auto long rifle
Roy Mcleod
Author Image
Posted: February 13, 2011 5:29 PM

One of our favorite plinkers, just stopped working!! NOW the trigger will not cock, wnen the cocking knob, is pulled to thr rear.
NOW cocking knob, will not lock in the receivers slide area, rear hole.Knob stops short app 1/16 inch from hole. So bolt, spring
and fireing pin assy CANNOT, be removed from receiver. Do I, have a broken fireing pin problem here? Is, this a problem I, can
handle, or is a Gunsmith needed?
Thanks
Roy
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: February 14, 2011 9:26 AM
The people to ask are Vic and Cheryl Havlin at www.havlinsales.com..they run the Mossberg Collector's Assn and buy and sell parts for obsolete models...so..they can advise and likely supply you with any parts you need....However..FIRST..do this..do a detailed breakdown and cleaning and this is a CA 1950's production rifle a rough guess would be a spring failed..like the sear/disconnector spring or the Trigger return spring..maybe the main spring or MS assy has failed..If one of theses failed...broke off..then the pieces could keep the bolt from a full cycle a common problem is a failure in the feed sysytem...even if it is just dirty, things like the cartridge cut-oof or even the tension spring has failed..Point is, you can't tell untill you take it apart..You can find takedown instructions in The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part III: Rimfire Rifles..My older edition shows the Mossberg Model 151M(M=Mannlicher stock) FWIW the Model 151 is typical of Mossberg autoloading .22 rimfire rifles and these instruction can get you thru just about any of the obsolete versions.The book I have shows the model on page 111
Roy Mcleod
Author Image
Posted: February 14, 2011 6:39 PM
Zeke:
Many thanks for your help and info!! I, will start with Havlins and follow all your instructions. If all fails, Iwill take it to my GunSmith!!
Thanks again
Roy
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: February 15, 2011 9:24 AM
Just so you don't get discouraged...it took me the better part of 6 months to get this design to function..as I recall, the end cap on the back of the reciever(a sloped plastic piece) that is threaded in to the reciever cannot be fully seated...most times it will be off clock position and if it is to far forward it will restrict bolt travel just enough to give cycle problems and if to far out..the recoil spring assy loses horsepower..as i rcall..a .030 to .060 gap between the reciever and the cap is what I worked with..Sadly..i didn't write it down..so this is just my (pss poor) recollections....
Curtis Childress
Author Image
Posted: February 15, 2011 4:07 PM
Was that a 151(B) or a 151M(b) ? My references do not show a 151(b) in Mossys- but there are some gaps in there. And I'll second what Zeke said about Vic and Cheryl Havlin. Really nice folks, and have kept my Mossbergs working.
Half the people you meet are below average
Roy Mcleod
Author Image
Posted: February 16, 2011 4:16 PM
Curtis:
Thanks for your help!! I, checked again . The model is 151M(b). I am sure Havlin can help, w/ my problem.
I, have to add I, always take Zeke's advise!!
Roy
Our members have made a total of 240004 posts
We have 517345 registered members
The newest member is jordan1033056
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies