Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Gunsmithing > Remington 1100 Question.
Remington 1100 Question.
Replies for Remington 1100 Question.
JEB
Author Image
Posted: November 5, 2012 12:33 AM

Every now and then, you run up on one of these, that will not cycle the low brass targets loads, but will feed higher power shells just fine. Would it not be possible to enlarge the gas ports holes, to say....the next numeric ga. drill size and get more function out of it, during the cycle process? Or should one just take a few coils off the recoil spring? I',m asking here. Customer has a nice, crispy clean 1100 20 ga, that he wants to shoot clay with, using target loads. The gas ports are clean and clear as is the rest of the gun. It will NOT cycle low brass shells, but shoots the 20 ga. high brass all day. ......thoughts. Thanks all.....Jeb.
JEB
Author Image
Posted: November 5, 2012 2:06 AM
I may have answerd my own question on this one......googled up an article by master gunsmith, Reid Coffield....and he says....dont do it ! he.e.. Oh well.....still interested in some experiences you guys may have had. Thanks....Jeb.
Chipmaker
Author Image
Some thoughts #1 if changed for low brass what happens when someone uses high?Is it going to batter the action to hard?Or even break?Could be this owner or the next.
#2 I might maby change to a lighter recoil spring if I had a replacement in hand in case I needed to return it back to stock.But no way would I open up the gas ports
JEB: i got a remington model 11 with a dead friction piece and the rear of the barrel "ring" that goes round the mag tube is badly battered "cause the ower kept shooting hi brass shells in it. I would imagine that your gun may get beat up similarly if the ports are opened up and the owner or next owner shoots high brass shells in it. The Rem. 1100 should shoot high and low brass shells interchangeably- maybe the synthetic rubber "O" ring is worn and won't contain enough gas to operate the action with low brass shells? or the "cup and cone" (piston and seal) are worn? Good luck with it, Mel Chung
michael837268
Author Image
Posted: January 22, 2013 3:38 PM
YEAS REPLACE THE O RING AND THE METAL RINGS TOO USE GUN OIL NOT ALOT. THE O RING  MAY LOOK FINE BUT WORN SLIGHTLY, ALSO IF ITS ANYTHIN LIKE THE 12 GUAGE WICH HAS THE TWO METAL RINGS WHERE THE O RING GOES. MAKE SURE THE RELIEF CUTS ARE OFFSET WORTH A TRY, ALSO TRY A DIFFERENT BARREL MIGHT BE WORN
Our members have made a total of 239559 posts
We have 503066 registered members
The newest member is Guillaume1018771
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies