Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Gunsmithing > Ruger mark III rear dovetail dimensions.
Ruger mark III rear dovetail dimensions.
Replies for Ruger mark III rear dovetail dimensions.
Bruce850892
Author Image
Posted: January 29, 2013 3:47 PM

I need to cut a rear dovetail in a Tactical Solutions Pac-Light barrel for the gun specific Burris mount for a Fastfire III. Anyone know the dimensions of the Ruger Mark III rear sight dovetail? Thank you, Bruce Griffey
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: January 29, 2013 6:23 PM
www.brownells.com  sells aftermarket sights for the Ruger..they should know....I can tell you that the factory dovetail for the MKII and III usding an adjustable rear is the same..Volquartsen makes a direct replacement thier TL 2000 rear sight..ask them what dovetail to cut to use that sight
Twinkle toes
Author Image
Posted: January 31, 2013 3:21 AM
Bruce, the bottom of the dovetail on the barrel that I took off my MKII is .5269. My 6 in' pac lite, that I put on the Ruger  had a rearsight, that was mounted by a screw. when I mounted my fastfireII, I removed the pac lite rear sight, used the screw hole, and drilled and tapped one other to mount a short scope mount rail. My FastfireII, came with a weaver mount base.  I bought my barrel about 8 years ago. Tactical Solutions has made changes since, but, wouldn't it be simpler to drill and tap a couple holes, as to machine a dove tail? 
Bruce850892
Author Image
Posted: January 31, 2013 6:32 PM
Quote:
Bruce, the bottom of the dovetail on the barrel that I took off my MKII is .5269. My 6 in' pac lite, that I put on the Ruger  had a rearsight, that was mounted by a screw. when I mounted my fastfireII, I removed the pac lite rear sight, used the screw hole, and drilled and tapped one other to mount a short scope mount rail. My FastfireII, came with a weaver mount base.  I bought my barrel about 8 years ago. Tactical Solutions has made changes since, but, wouldn't it be simpler to drill and tap a couple holes, as to machine a dove tail? 

Yes, that would be easier. I just wanted the clean look and low profile of the Burris Ruger dovetail mount. I'm not sure if Ruger uses a 60 or 65 degree angle. I may just get the Weaver mount and go with your idea of a short rail. Thank you for the information.
Our members have made a total of 240017 posts
We have 518250 registered members
The newest member is Adrian1033961
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies