Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Gunsmithing > Stevens 77B feed issue help
Stevens 77B feed issue help
Replies for Stevens 77B feed issue help
Richard736586
Author Image
Posted: January 20, 2013 5:55 PM

Hi all: I'm working on a Stevens 77B. It is having an issue with feeding. I'll attempt to describe what is happening: When I rack the slide backwards, the shell releases from the magazine then jams beneath the block that is moving backwards, locking everything solid. I drive out the forward pin on the trigger group and loosen the rear trigger group screw (allowing the trigger group to pivot downward slightly at the front) and this releases the jammed up shell. I'm thinking it has something to do with the left-side shell stop? Any thoughts on what may be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks. 
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: January 21, 2013 9:44 AM
As I recall, the cartridge stops are held in position by a "Pivot Screw" and a "Pivot Screw Nut" that mounts thru the side of the reciever. The problem is that the nuts back off and will sometims get trapped within the working parts. Others simply fall out. This is of such a magnatude that our host has had aftermarket pivot screws and nuts manufactured and sells them in a kit form..That said...about 75% of feeding and extraction problems with this design are traced to that part. It may look like the screw is in place from the outside...check the inside..it may be loose!
Our members have made a total of 239804 posts
We have 510603 registered members
The newest member is David1026312
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies