Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Gunsmithing > early model ruger 44mag carbine
early model ruger 44mag carbine
Replies for early model ruger 44mag carbine
mark 864797
Author Image
Posted: March 28, 2013 3:16 PM

I have an early 60's ruger 44mag carbine that has the trigger guard that was famous for breaking off where it fits into thr reciever.I ordered and have recieved one from numrich that is different than the original.Sales tell me to go to forum to ask this question.I can easilly file off material from the one i've got but can see that this area has tool marks from what I can only describe as a "T" slot cutter.There is certainly a reason this one is different than ruger's original but I was told I'd have to go to the forum to ask about it. It was explained that the tecnitions wouldn't be able to say much about it without actually having the two trigger guards in their hands to comment.Ruger has phased this model out long ago,most likely because it was a bad design.
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 28, 2013 4:52 PM
Number One..Chances are that the part you got from Numrich is a factory second of some sort Buying up and sorting out the "dropsies" is common. Like...When a manufacturer drops a model from its catalog..a company like Numrich Arms/Gun Parts Corp buys them up...if a compnay goes out of buisness..Numrich/GPC buys up the residual parts. That said, The M44 was known for its problems. The recievers cracked(frt rec ring under the between the holes D&T'd for scope bases) to all sorts of feeding issues, but mainly from handloaders pushing the 44 Magnum reloads beyond limits of the carbine. basically, since this gun is no longer made and few to no aftermarket replacement parts are being made...you have to work with what you have and from what i can gather..you are concern about a cosmetic issue..tool marks.....you have said nothing about how these tool marks are afecting fit or function...as for looking different..Ruger has a history of making changes in a model and then listing the parts as being only for a certain serial number sequence.......Since I am having a problem determining exactly what your problem is, I'll have to ask you to redefine it  maybe post some pictures and expressing what your concern is..Sorry......
Our members have made a total of 239565 posts
We have 503121 registered members
The newest member is Russell1018826
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies