Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Gunsmithing > trigger spring reassembly HELP
trigger spring reassembly HELP
Replies for trigger spring reassembly HELP
capt55
Author Image
Posted: March 12, 2013 4:02 PM

I have a american bulldog in for new springs.  No problem removing them and had new ones in stock.  PROBLEM, how in he** do I get the trigger spring back in.  It slides off the trigger each time I try to put it in place.  I have had these prior, but this one is causing me grief.  Any suggestions.

Back goes in first, front goes in with screw first?

capt55:forum image
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 13, 2013 10:06 AM
CAPT55, I see you have not gotten any help. Maybe that is because you didn't say which American Bulldog you have. To my knowledge,Iver Johson and H&R both made a model with this trade name. A British maker also used this name on export modesl of their British Bulldog. However, there isn't much out there on maintence and repair of these handguns. It is mostly handled under the generic instructions for the revolver type..like Top-Break or Solid Frame. From what I recall of this style of handgun the use of slave pins is common. Another personal "KINK" is to secure parts in place with wax,like the kind used to seal Jelly jars when making homemade product. Once the assebly is complete, the heat from a hair dryer style of heat gun melts the wax and then a dunk in  a solvent will remove the residue..a spray oil is then applied...Hope this helps some....
capt55
Author Image
Posted: March 13, 2013 2:19 PM
Thanks Zeke, it was one of the british ones, that's why I was having so much trouble.  I got it this m orning, using slave pins and a lot of four letter words.  Gun was rusted on the inside of the frame to the extent it was a pain in the butt.

capt55:forum image
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 14, 2013 10:28 AM
The four letter words are universal tool...but...for some reason the same ones don't always work..try variations of the same theme next time.....
Our members have made a total of 240028 posts
We have 518517 registered members
The newest member is terry1034228
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies