Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Hand Guns > Hand Guns > Great condition US Revolver Co. .32Cal,5-Shot,Nickel
Great condition US Revolver Co. .32Cal,5-Shot,Nickel
Replies for Great condition US Revolver Co. .32Cal,5-Shot,Nickel
Numrich Archiver
Author Image

Numrich Archiver
Author Image
walter is correct in the chain of events just off a little as to the year. iver johnson arm's & cycle works introduced the u.s.revolver co. handguns in 1910 and discontinued them in 1935. production of the top break .22 rimfire and the hammerless .32 and .38 versions were stopped earlier.

yor revolver a u.s. revolver co. automatic (top break)small frame hammerless serial number b19119 was manufactured in 1921, there were 2,500 of these models manufactured that year. your revolver is chambered for the .32 s&w (short) and as long as it is in good shope you should not have any problems with modern ammo,just remember its age.

the u.s. revolver co. automatic small frame hammerless .32 s&w caliber was in production from 1910 until 1923 with a total production of 141,900.
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
I do not recall exact dates but here goes: In about 1900 Iver Johnson introduced new modes of their top break 32 and 38s and had a lot of parts left thaat were used in their previous black Power models. Sence they had so many parts that they could not use, they made a new gun called U.S. Revolver which is most parts black power rated. You can get parts from Gun Parts Corp but must be very detailed about your revolver.
Can you use moderm ammo in your gun? Yes and No. The 38 model should not use modern ammo (smokeless) where as the 32 you can get by with it, if you use 32 S & W (not 32 S&W Long). Sence it in good condition, I would not shoot it because you might streght the Frame. Suggestion Use Serial Number B19XXX over the internet instead of complete Serial Number. Good luck.
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
To B. Goforth: Thanks I learned something about dates of I.J. guns. There are many references to Colt and S & W serial numbers and dates made, But I.J. H & A, H & R and others seem hard to find. Have you ever thought about writing a small paperback book simular to Robert Balderson Official Guide to Gunmarks?
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
walter,
my first book on iver johnson is already out of print and my second one is due april or may 2003 from blacksmith corp. publisher.

iver johnson serial numbers are a little morre complex than others in that most have a letter code and some letters were used more than one time within the same model. i also have a pictorial guide to all iver johnson firearms in progress. a pocket guide to iver johnson serial numbers is being considered.

i am also doing research into h&r serial numbers which seems to be as complex as the i.j.'s

progress on my book can be found at http://users3.ev1.net/~goforth/
b.goforth
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
where can i get parts
Our members have made a total of 240004 posts
We have 517343 registered members
The newest member is Andrew1033054
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies