Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Hand Guns > Hand Guns > I have a H.Schmidt Ostheim Rohen singel action relover Model
I have a H.Schmidt Ostheim Rohen singel action relover Model
Replies for I have a H.Schmidt Ostheim Rohen singel action relover Model
Numrich Archiver
Author Image

Numrich Archiver
Author Image
No. 10..............

Thank you very much.....
Take Care...........
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
I, too, have just come across one of these Mod. 21's. They're an interesting little creature. One of the 3 "proof marks" on the left side of the frame and just under the front of the cylinder has what looks similar to a shield with the number 68 inside of it. Is it fair to assume that this might be the production year? Any ideas on where to look for Serial# and/or miscellaneous info on these revolvers?
Thanks.........
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Max,
that is a German Company which is no longer building real guns.
Schmidt is the family name of the company owner(s).
Ostheim is the little town in northern Bavaria close to the former border with communist East Germany ( therefore companies were heavily subsidized by the West German Government. Rhon, actually Rhoen, is the geographical name for that forested high plains area ( very good hunting area ).
Them .22 single action revolvers had been produced since the sixties.
They had been in the affordable price range, approx. 100 USD in the seventies. They were sold all over Germany and the US.
The material was nevertheless very good quality.
And the sixshooters had been very accurate.My cousin used to have one in Germany.
With the introduction of gun registration and limited access to handguns in particular since 01.01.1973 in Germany, all companies producing recreational guns perished over the next 20 years.
Also H. Schmidt is no longer producing real firearms.
They went into the blank pistol business, if not already bankrupt.
You will not get any info, let alone spare parts from that company.
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
What a sick, disgusting, commentary on the history of gun control in Germany. And I'll bet it was a political over-reaction to the domestic terrorism prevalent in Europe in the 1960's and early 1970's.

No wonder H&K, Sigarms, Walther, etc. considers the U.S. their major non-military/law enforcement markets, if they're not already manufacturing their guns over here (which Sig and Walther (the PPK and PPK/S) are doing.)

You're lucky you can have all the guns that you have. (I think your website is great.)

Numrich Archiver
Author Image
I just remebered:
They biult it also as a convertible with a .22 Mag wheel.
After limitation of gun ownership they built it in 6 mm Flobert rimfire ( very short period until the leftwing government closed that loophole in the restrictive gun laws. Then they built in 4 mm M 20 ( rimfire ) with a pressure releasing hole in the barrel to reduce the energy of the small 4mm bullet to the energy of 7,5 Joule at the muzzle. It then had the energy of a weak airgun pellet and could therefore be sold to adults without a special permit. But it still had to be registered for 50 bucks with the county authorities.
By the way:
If you buy and sell a registered gun in Germany, the buyer as well as the seller pays the 50 bucks registration fee. Good Lord !
Our members have made a total of 239814 posts
We have 510845 registered members
The newest member is RICHARD1026554
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies