Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Identifying or Finding F... > Other Manufacturers > Sauer and Sohn (Hawes) western 6 shooter 22 caliber revolver
Sauer and Sohn (Hawes) western 6 shooter 22 caliber revolver
Replies for Sauer and Sohn (Hawes) western 6 shooter 22 caliber revolver
flipper
Author Image
Posted: August 5, 2010 2:51 PM

I have a revolver marked: "J.P. Sauer and Sohn, western six shooter 22 caliber manufactured for Hawes..." on the gun barrell.

It appears to come with a 22 magnum cylinder as a 22 magnum shell inserts cleanly into the chamber, whereas a 22 LF shell seems to be a sloppy fit. However, I cannot find a marking anywhere on the cylinder that states that it requires 22 magnum (or regular 22 shells). The barrel states "22 caliber" but maybe the barrel is OK for magnum as well?? Not sure how Sauer marked their barrells or cylinders if any? The revolver is missing the complete ejector assembly for some unknown reason. I think I would like to re-install a new ejector and maybe some other parts but I am not sure what to order or even what shells I can use with this gun. Questions are as follows:

1) How can you tell me if this revolver is the 22 LR or 22 magnum version?
2) I notice you list caliber/shell specific 22LR and 22 magnum barrells and cylinders in your parts, can some things be interchanged (e.g. barrell)?
3) The ejector was removed for some reason? Could it be that magnum version does not work well with the "22" ejector?
4) I think minimum required parts are: 79360, 79380, 78860 and 79950. Not sure if gun also needs Ejector Tube Screw Insert? What is that?
If a .22 magnum cartridge fits the cylinder you have the .22 magnum version. The .22 LR and .22 magnum cylinders are interchangeable and if your barrel is marked for ".22 caliber" it should handle both LR and magnum cartridges. If a barrel is specifically marked for ".22S, L, LR" or ".22LR" it may not handle the magnum cartridge or accuracy could suffer. The ejector was used for all models and I am not sure why it would have been removed unless it was broken.
Item number 79360H JP SAUER LARGE FRAME Ejector Tube is available.
Item number 79380H JP SAUER LARGE FRAME Ejector Rod & Head, .22 Cal. is no longer available. We do have item number 178680 COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY Ejector Rod Head, Blue and item number 178890 COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY Ejector Rod, Blue available and they can be used as a substitute.
Item number 78860W JP SAUER LARGE FRAME Ejector Spring is available.
Item number 79950H JP SAUER LARGE FRAME Ejector Tube Screw is not available at this time.
The ejector tube screw bushing threads into the barrel and the ejector tube screw threads into the bushing.

www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Produ...
Our members have made a total of 239029 posts
We have 488775 registered members
The newest member is Paul1004468
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies