Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

• << previous
  • next >>
Forums Home > Ordering > Problem with Order 194824
Problem with Order 194824
Replies for Problem with Order 194824
Paul857081
Author Image
Posted: February 16, 2013 7:50 PM

I think you guys sent me the wrong firing pin.  I ordered a firing pin for a .45 cal Llama Max-1 L/F (1911 style handgun).  The firing pin at the top is the original firing pin on my gun.  The one you sent is at the bottom.  The guide bushings on my firing pin are slightly over half an inch separation to the outside edges.  The one you sent is a full 3/4" separation to the outside edge.  Also, your firing pin was MUCH longer in overall length.  I tried trimming the firing pin on both ends to make it work.  I ordered a new spring from you and shortened it to see if that made a difference, but the problem is in the bushing separation.  The short bushing is too far forward and I can't fix that.  So I need the correct firing pin. 

Just to make sure that I've not got some odd, one off, Max-1, I've tried to install the new firing pin in both the original slide on my gun and the new slide I ordered from you on this same order.  It is too long for both.  Whereas my original firing pin fits both slides. 

So I need a new firing pin that actually fits a Max-1.  Do you have one?  I'm afraid that sending the one you sent me back won't do any good as I've filed on it considerably.  If I have to pay more money, I don't care, I just want a working firing pin.

Thanks,

Paul Johnson.

forum image
Dave823090
Author Image
Paul,

It appears the you have the compact version which uses a shorter pin.

www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1097...
Paul857081
Author Image
Posted: March 3, 2013 3:22 AM
This is not a compact 45.  It is a full 5" 45.  It clearly states Llama Max-1 L/F in big letters on the side of the slide.  I also purchased a new Max-1 L/F slide FROM YOUR WEB SITE.  BOTH slides fit the old firing pin, but NEITHER will fit the new firing pin you sent.  It is not compact.  It matches up nose to nose with my Remington R1 5" 1911.  I even ordered a second firing pin just to make sure.  The second new firing pin you sent doesn't fit either.  You need to try and fit your own Llama Max-1 L/F firing pins on your own Max-1 L/F slides if you don't believe me.  I have sent back the second order by UPS.  I tried to call you guys to get a return number, but you were a constant busy signal for over 2 hours of repeated calling, so I just sent it back without a return number.  It is tracking number 1Z74W0270372063647 (UPS).  It contains the order form and all items you sent (competition sights did not fit, grips were cracked and the second firing pin was too long. 

forum image

forum image
Paul857081
Author Image
Posted: March 3, 2013 3:25 AM
PS: I did not send back the first firing pin as I had tried milling on it to get it to fit and it is screwed up now.
Dave823090
Author Image
Paul, please return it for a refund, the item number that I previously posted appears to be what you need.
Paul857081
Author Image
Posted: March 12, 2013 3:43 AM
Thanks.  I see something is on it's way.  I ordered the firing pin for the compact Llama that you sent the link to and it fits good.  If I'm being sent another firing pin, I'll keep it for future needs.  Looks like you have to adjust your compatibilities in your firing pin parts description.

Paul.
  • << previous
  • next >>
Our members have made a total of 239573 posts
We have 503384 registered members
The newest member is Mark1019089
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies