Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Other > There is a gentlemen by the name of"Harley Nolden" who
There is a gentlemen by the name of"Harley Nolden" who
Replies for There is a gentlemen by the name of"Harley Nolden" who
Numrich Archiver
Author Image

Numrich Archiver
Author Image
what i have is a model #26, 16 ga s/s. made in st ettienne. do you know anything about them? are they low/high grade etc.

i bought one at a local gunshow, 30 bucks. but it has some warts. bores are pitted and the bottom rib that holds the barrels together was separated. only about 3 inches though. the bad part is some moron tried to solder it with rosin core lead solder, which now lays in a puddle between the barrels. yuck. i remember my grandpa telling me that barrels were silver soldered. i have neither the tools nor the experience to accomplish such a task.

i was telling some friends about the gun and one of them told me to send it off to get repaired. so i'm going to. i just want an estimate on it before wor starts. i don't want to end up with a 600 dollar 100 dollar shotgun.

have you or someone you know owned one of these?

thanx, bill
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Bill - I'm not having a whole lot of luck here. Bounced around on Google for a while and didn't get much other than they did make shotguns.
Try > google search >
Francaise d'Armes et Cycles Shotguns > www.manufrancemania.com/id145.htm
click on "Trnaslate this" otherwise you get it in French.

History of Francaise d'Armes et Cycles
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Wow, I've been googleing up and down on bill's shotgun and didn't get half that much info. Thanks Dennis, If we can help you just give a shout. Good luck and shoot safe.
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Hello, Dakota Bill.. I'm trying to help you in your search about the shotgun.
The commercial name is "Robust" it was made by the "Manufacture d'armes et cycles de St Etienne" (ManuFrance since the sixtie's). These manufacture was a commercial one, all the others like MAS, MAT or MAC are government manufacturers, they never done any shotguns for civil-hunting use.
The serial number of your shotgun is under the "opening-key", move the key, you can see the number whith one "prefix": 221 or 222-
221: your gun come whith a "normal" sling
222: it come whith a "retractable" automatic sling. The sling -house is in the butt. The production stop in 1982, cause the closing of the manufacture. During the 50 last years of production barrels come whit hard chrome plating. A look under the barrel "table", you can find these stamps: 65 or 70 mm( 2'1/2 or 2'3/4) for the case length. The number 28 is,may be, for the "28 grammes de plomb", normal charge of led in a 16 gauge ammo. 170, may be 17.0 is the diameter of the bore, three diam.: 16.8mm, 16.9mm or 17.1mm was the most common. "Charge d'epreuve " et "charge normale", normally you can find some symbols after, they give you the pressure of the proof charges used for the testing of the gun.
S.G.D.G : "Sans Garantie Du Gouvernement" ( Don't be afraid ,it was a common stamping on all products made in france in private manufactures...) These shotguns was and are very popular in France, they are very reliable, the name "robust", rugged in english is perfect for these gun. Some of the early series became collectible shotguns in France now. In both chambering 16 or 12 gauge..
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Dennis - I'm sure Bill is going to give you a big Thank You.
I'm going to wish you a Merry Christmas.
Our members have made a total of 239022 posts
We have 488524 registered members
The newest member is gabriel1004217
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies