Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Other > stoeger luger 22LR
stoeger luger 22LR
Replies for stoeger luger 22LR
Robert 865049
Author Image
Posted: April 17, 2013 4:58 PM

I have a stoeger luger 22LR. The action does not lock back when magazine is empty. Would the bolt stop have anything to due with this problem. 
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: April 17, 2013 6:33 PM
Could be..but it could also be the spring or wear to the bolt stop retainer...but also check your magazine..the follower position(how high it travels) is what pushes the stop into the slide lock position.....as the toggle and bolt cycles rearward when the last shot is fired, the magazine follower engages the bolt stop and pushes it up into position to retain the bolt in the rearward position......if you have more than one magazine..check them ...EMPTY..... by hand cycling the action..start with the chamber empty and in battery...as you bring the toggle back..you should see some movement of the bolt stop...Sometimes....wear to either the little lip on the bolt stop or to the magazine follower will cause the two parts not to make contact...but  it could be a worn retainer, a broken spring(or weak spring) or even an accumalation of shooting goop that impedes the full cycle of the parts......Most failures with any 22 caliber semi auto can be traced to dirt..
Robert 865049
Author Image
Posted: May 14, 2013 3:17 PM
Thanks Zeke

I replaced the Bolt stop, retainer and Spring. Still had same problem. Was able to buy a replacement magazine thru Numrich and that cured the problem. I would like to repare the orginal magazine if I can fine a magazine follower. The button that trips engages the bolt stop is loose. I am not sure if that button is threaded or just pushes into the follower. I can turn it counter clockwise but it will screw out of the follower.
Our members have made a total of 239732 posts
We have 508317 registered members
The newest member is steven1024025
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies