Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Rifles > Rifle Clip for a Stevens Buckhorn model 56
Rifle Clip for a Stevens Buckhorn model 56
Replies for Rifle Clip for a Stevens Buckhorn model 56
romine8
Author Image
Posted: July 19, 2011 10:17 AM

I am looking for a clip for a Stevens Buckhorn Model 56 22cal SL or LR. I previously ordered one from Numerich but it didn't fit. When I sent it back they said they didn't have another one that will fit. This gun was passed on to me by my grandfather before he passed and I really want to get it in shape so I can teach my son to shoot. If anyone has any info on where to call, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks
Shane
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: July 19, 2011 1:54 PM
The Stevens Models 56 and 056 were first produced in 1935, not to be confused with the Ladies Model 56, which is a completely different firearm. The "nest" of info on this model is contained within Philip B. Sharpe's The Rifle in America, which was published (first) in 1938 and has as detailed info as any publication you will find on these firearms.My 1938 first edition lists the rifle as still being in production. However I do have a production ceased date of 1948 As a guide as to how hwavily to pursue the magazine..a Model 56/056 in excellent shape and complete with a factory original magazine is a $100 value. Even if you find a magazine, be advised that the .22 rimfire ammo used in that rifles prime life was(for the most part) corrosively primed...meaning..that there is cause to believe that the barrel is damaged beyond the point where it can be safely fired.(there is a barrel lining procedure to restore the barrel..costing + what the rifle is worth, but it can be done on your kitchen table. It is possible that SWavage/Stevens/Springfield used the same MAG on several .22 rimfires. Consult www.savagearms.com for a list and to access other dealers in obsolete Stevens parts...
romine8
Author Image
Posted: July 20, 2011 4:35 PM
Thanks for the info Zeke.
Our members have made a total of 238964 posts
We have 486999 registered members
The newest member is Roger1002691
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies