Please be aware that due to high order volume our order processing time is approximately 5 business days.

Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Shotguns > I have a NR Davis & sons,hammerless,sxs,12 GA."AJAX" stamped
I have a NR Davis & sons,hammerless,sxs,12 GA."AJAX" stamped
Replies for I have a NR Davis & sons,hammerless,sxs,12 GA."AJAX" stamped
Numrich Archiver
Author Image

Numrich Archiver
Author Image
NR Davis made shotguns..both percussion and cartridge designs from 1853 to 1919. In 1919 they were taking over by Crescent Firearms Co of Norwich Conn... NR Davis purchased the company of Warner Arms in 1917 and renamed it Davis-Warner Arms it ceased operation in 1930 when Crescent took over completely. This is relevent for the fact that most all of these guns exixted in their own right and as "hardware guns" sold by other companies. However the name of "AJAX" was used by Davis-Warner on the AJAX Hammerless Boxlock on the Ajax Model 800..and to my knowledge the parts will differ to some degree and pratically none will be a drop-in fit. A repro buttplate can be found at www.vintageindustries.com and wood can be found(repro) at www.gunstocksinc.com likely under the Crescent banner..but check to make sure your blank will service your Ajax. The question of Forend Iron is the killer here..None have been made in almost a 100 years. meaning that one would come from a parted out gun..and since the forend assembly is the single most misplaced or lost part of ANY breakdown shotgun..the line for replacements is a long as any in the world..if you do find a forend iron..Your one lucky guy! Check the auction sites for all the originals..if you find what you need don't hesitate.because as you go ah????? three other guys will buy it!
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Hi - I have several NR Davis Shotguns in various gauges. I am going to try to complete what I can of these guns and part out the rest. If you are still in need of parts at that time, I will contact you and let you know what I have. Just let me know your email adress. Regards,
-Jim-
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Jim ,Just click dave's underlined name and copy his e-mail address
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Thanks for the replies.Jim my email is liberteoceana@hotmail.com and please contact me when you get to the point of known surplus of those parts.Thanks to FWTW I now know were to get a repro buttplate.My need at this point is the forend iron as the stock and forend are available in an unfinished state,on the other hand if by chance you end up with a good cond. stock and forend{IE. refinishable}with the Iron installed I would be more interested in those over "new" fabricated wood parts.Please do contact me when the dust settles at your place,Thanks Dave
Our members have made a total of 240204 posts
We have 525231 registered members
The newest member is dale1040946
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies