Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Shotguns > I have a Wards Western Field .410 repeater. It has no model #
I have a Wards Western Field .410 repeater. It has no model #
Replies for I have a Wards Western Field .410 repeater. It has no model #
Numrich Archiver
Author Image

Numrich Archiver
Author Image
This .410 is a bolt action repeater. It has a wood stock with a single groove under the barrel. It is mag fed, however, the mag is not detachable. I can't tell what the finish is due to all of the rust. The stock has a thin metal butt plate with no markings. The only markings on the barrel are "Wards Western Field" .410 Gage repeater. "Patent applied for". There is also a circled (P) on the left side of the barrel. No choke. The barrel and stock are joined together by a single screw underneath the stock. The trigger guard is attached to the stock with two screws, Similar to the Remington model 514 .22 cal. The extractor is a metal wire that "kicks the shell out". Finally, the Bolt handle has a rather large "ball" on the end of it. (silver in color). That is about the best I can describe it without sending you a picture. Although I will if that will help. Thanks again for your help and advice. I really appreciate it and look forward to hearing from you again.
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Tradd, First of all, your dealing with the general public on this forum and not the HOST....GPC! If you submit a picture to GPC, they can most certainly ID your firearm and tell you if they have the parts you need. The only defining feature(to me,anyway) is the grooved forend. This is typical of the High Standard Bolt guns, but(personally) I don't know of any H-S supplied to M-W in .410 You can pull up the schematic of the H-S Model 514 to check. The most likely canidate, again, to me, is the Kessler Model that was supplied to Westernfield as the Model EKN-165..again I know of no version in .410. You can compare by viewing the Kessler Model 30C( a 12-16-20 ga.) or even the kessler Model 128FR It is not uncommon to find hybrids that were supplied to vendors like M-W that combine the features of several models For a Kessler style blind magazine, view the Model 50 Lever-matic. Sorry..Zeke
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Tradd, Westernfield is a tradename of Montgomery Wards. They didn't make any firearms. They put out to bid certain contracts for a certain type of firearm and established firearms manufacturers bid to fill those orders. Without more information making an ID is near impossible...but...our host,GPC, has a cross reference list that you can access from these forums. While not every firearm ever marketed by Wards is on the list..most are. That lisy has bolt action shotguns made by Mossberg as being the odds on favorite. The kicker is that Mossberg made several bolt action repeating shotguns in .410 bore starting somewhere around the Model 70 .410 single shot bolt gun in 1933..the start of a very long line of both magazine fed and tube fed bolt guns. However, you can go thru the list published in the hard copy of the GPC catalog titled "Chronolgy of Mossberg Firearms" which covers the models made from circa 1919 to present day.. Start with the Model 80 a .410 top loading holding 4 shots made from 1933 to 1936 then followed by these versions: Model 83..83D...183D...183Da thru 183K-B(7 guns) Mossberg also used a house brand called the New haven and this was often the version sold to outfits like Wards..the new haven Mossberg Models 273...283... some dozen or so variations off that series...... The actual patent can be searched thru the US Patent Office and MAY help! If you give us a full physical discription..like is it a bolt gun or a pump? if it is a bolt gun...what magazine system is used? detachable box magazine...tubular feed? and tell us about the barrel,choke,finish,stock and buttplate etc...and..if all that fails you might try www.havlinsales.com..That is Vic Havlin..he is the Mossberg Historian and may have some insight here!
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
You have been awesome Zeke. Thanks for all of your help.
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
Tradd...let us all know what you find out! TIA...Zeke
Our members have made a total of 239028 posts
We have 488724 registered members
The newest member is jorge1004417
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies