Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Shotguns > I have a single shot 22 Bearcat by Century Arms Co. in
I have a single shot 22 Bearcat by Century Arms Co. in
Replies for I have a single shot 22 Bearcat by Century Arms Co. in
Numrich Archiver
Author Image

Numrich Archiver
Author Image
George, I had one of these back in 1950 I think.I had bought it from Our chief of police for $4.00 it was very accurate! Someone talked me out of it for $7.00. Oh well you got to make a buck where you can!
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
George, Can you list all the markings, exactly as they appear and where they appear. Remove the stock,also and check under there as well. Give a complete physical discription. Perhaps then someone can make an ID. The name "Bearcat" is currently a name used by Ruger on a single action .22 revolver. You may be able to acertain this rifles origins from a search by www.bluebookinc.com. The fact that it is chambered for the .22 short,long and long rifle narrows it down a bit,but not much. The short was introduced in 1857, the long in 1871 and the long rifle in 1887, Bolt action rifles came along a little later than that. Chances are that this is a "hardware" gun made up for Century Arms(a name currently used by a company in Vermont/Florida) with their name stamped on it. Many companies, including current ones have done this for years. Some names may only have a few examples ever marketed and the history is long gone.
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
I can't tell you much about your "Bearcat", but I can tell you about a second one that's for sale. Go to, http://www.colectorsnet.com/hoffmeyers/ This site has one listed,sans bolt, for $10. Maybe he can tell you something about them. Then again for $10...maybe not!
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
George, double check the name. Is it Century or perhaps, could it really be Central Arms Co. St Louis?
Numrich Archiver
Author Image
I found a listing for "Century Arms Co" in one of my references. Its a trade name used by the Shapleigh Hardware Co. of St. Louis Missouri on some of the firearms they distributed. As your rifle would be classed as a "Hardware Gun" and Shapleigh went out of business during the depression, no telling who actually made it?
Our members have made a total of 240017 posts
We have 518222 registered members
The newest member is William1033933
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies