Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Shotguns > I need whole bolt or bolt head for Mossberg 183db 410 Shotgun
I need whole bolt or bolt head for Mossberg 183db 410 Shotgun
Replies for I need whole bolt or bolt head for Mossberg 183db 410 Shotgun
blanderson3
Author Image
Posted: March 28, 2012 10:01 AM

I'm trying to replace the bolt of my childhood gun
If you have one, please let me know.
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 28, 2012 12:38 PM
blanderson3, I'm not sure who you are asking..this is the visitors' forum and...basically it is where you ask the world. If you haven't already checked with our host...look to the L/H side menu and where it says ORDER PARTS...Find gun parts here..cvlick on "M" then scroll down to Mossberg and them to your model..this will bring up the parts listi9ngs for your gun..that is the good news..The "BAD" news is that you don't replace a bolt...you "Fit" a new unit and that fitting is very precise and requires certain gunsmithing knowledge and tools..the "critical" dimension is HEADSPACE..that is..basically...the amout of allowable slop on a chambered round of ammo with the bolt lock in the fire position...if it to much..then a barrel re-fit may be in order if the bolt won't drop, then the chamber needs to be reamed deeper..all of this is EXACT and PRECISE...However...you may find a bolt/bolthead and the thing slides into the gun and rotates into place...that does NOT mean it fits to spec and firing a gun with excessive headspace can drive the bolt REARWARD with the same force as the shot charge or slug leaving the barrel.Now more "NEWS" You may find some help with finding the parts for an obsolete Mossberg with Vic and Cheryl Havlin who run the Mossberg Collectors Assn..they als buy and sell parts and will install them check with www.havlinsales.com
blanderson3
Author Image
Posted: April 10, 2012 11:55 PM
checked with the host. They are out of stock on this item. Thanks for the heads up. I assumedthat any bolt from a 183 d-b would "fit" any other 183 d-b. I guess not.
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: April 11, 2012 6:58 PM
quite the opposite..bolts and bolt parts are individual to a certain gun..if they match and are within tolerence...it is a happy accident.. and the Model 183 has several bolt variations that won't let the bolts swap recievers. Examples: Model 183D made 1947-48 and is a .410 bolt gun...the Model 183 D(a) made1948-50 is a 410 bolt action with a LH extractor added...the Model 183-B made 195053 Model 183 D-C1953-56 183D-D 1956-60 183D-E 1960-68 slimmer barrel...Model 183K 1953-56 has a C-lect choke device...Model 183K-A 1956-60 model 183K-B 1960-68 has a slimmer barrel...any or all of these may also have reciever.stock and bolt modifications...You would hve to consult someone who is an authority on all things Mossberg like Victor and Cheryl Havlin who run both The Mossberg Collectors Assn and www.havlinsales.com...in any event...even a rebuilt bolt using 99% of the original parts matched to the same gun will require that HEADSPACE be recertified and there are specific tools(can be rented from www.4reamers.com) and knowledge required to do the check and make any corrections.....
Our members have made a total of 238330 posts
We have 468153 registered members
The newest member is leo983831
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies