Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

• << previous
  • next >>
Forums Home > Shotguns > Installing Safety on Winchester 1400 MKII
Installing Safety on Winchester 1400 MKII
Replies for Installing Safety on Winchester 1400 MKII
Jim875233
Author Image
Posted: March 17, 2013 2:50 PM

Refurbing an old 1400 MKII, 20 ga that has been in the family forever but broken. I want to pass it down to my young Nephew as a "learning weapon". I need to put a new safety in and want to know just how you go about it? Does it simply snap in or what? Ordering the safety now but would like to how to install upon arrival. Thanks!
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 17, 2013 4:38 PM
To remove the safety, you have to remove and breakdown the trigger group.In the book..The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part V: Shotguns...removing the safety is STEP #12..#1 removes the magazine cap...#2 instructs on pushing out the trigger grp retaining pin #3 says remove the TG down and rearward...#4 remove the center screw from the TG sideplate...#5 Take off the L sideplate  #6 instructs on restraining the carrier and take off the R sideplate #7 says to slowly release the tension on the carrier spring... and instructs on how to remove the carrier..plunger...plunger spring etc...#8 says to move the safety to the OFF-SAFE positionpull the trigger... and ease the hammer forward deal with the disconnector  etc and removing it Remove the sear assy then steps 8..9..10 and 11 before you get to the safety..suffice to say..the process is long and somewhat complicated  trying to do it with full instructions WITH PICTURES will be difficult..What I do strongly suggest is that(at a minimum) that you go to    www.brownells.com   ... who has resurrected certain models..I don't know if the Mod 1400 is among them
Jim875233
Author Image
Posted: March 17, 2013 5:20 PM
Zeke - Thanks my friend...I was afraid it would be brain surgery. I did find a video on taking the fire control group apart on Winchester 1200/1300 models but I think they were pump actions, I wonder if the 1400 FCG action is the same? Anyway, thanks for the info, I do appreciate it.
Jim875233
Author Image
Posted: March 17, 2013 5:22 PM
Zeke - Thanks my friend...I was afraid it would be brain surgery. I did find a video on taking the fire control group apart on Winchester 1200/1300 models but I think they were pump actions, I wonder if the 1400 FCG action is the same? Anyway, thanks for the info, I do appreciate it.
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 18, 2013 9:50 AM
I don't know that the FCG is an interchangable assembly but the factory part #'s differ  and there appears to be a few versions...plastic or steel with serial number designations for application.  FWIW, one of the things taht caused this model to be dropped in favor of a the Super-X model 1 was that it was a PITA to repair.....
Jim875233
Author Image
Posted: March 18, 2013 10:31 AM
Roger that! Everyone know the reputation this series of weapons has but, wanted to hand it down. We have an excellent gunsmith down here (Cox Firearms) that I may consult with. Like most really good gunsmiths, he stays busy. May look for a complete assembly for replacement. Again, thanks much for your help.
  • << previous
  • next >>
Our members have made a total of 239278 posts
We have 495416 registered members
The newest member is David1011114
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies