Find Parts

Search By Item Number Or Keyword
Search Manufacturers By Letter

Still Can't Find It?

If you're unable to locate an item please contact us directly.

Please have the following information ready:

1. Firearm Manufacturer
  2. Firearm Model and Serial Number
  3. Gauge or Caliber of Firearm
  4. Part Description
  5. Any other pertinent information

Then please call our Sales Department toll free at:

866-NUMRICH

(866-686-7424)

Outside U.S.A.

845-679-2417

Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST

Forums

Forums Home > Shotguns > J.C. HIGGINS MOD 10 583 16 Gauge cartridge lifter assembly
J.C. HIGGINS MOD 10 583 16 Gauge cartridge lifter assembly
Replies for J.C. HIGGINS MOD 10 583 16 Gauge cartridge lifter assembly
Jonathan849823
Author Image
Posted: March 20, 2013 1:20 PM

I am looking for the complete cartridge lifter assembly for this shotgun. Anyone with information or has one please contact me.  Willing to pay good amount for this part.  thanks. 

jonathan_williams64@comcast.net
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 20, 2013 3:48 PM
I beleive that this model was actually made by High Standard or is a H&R Model 120..compare the schematics to what you have..it may help find the parts>>>if it is a H/S  then they are back in buisness and have tooled up for some of the older guns..some complete..others just parts..check at www.highstandard.com
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 20, 2013 3:53 PM
BTW..Most makers used the same actions for the 12 and 16 gauge guns. This comes into play here because Sears recall all these guns in 12 Ga and left the other gauges out there. The recall involved buyint the bolt assy only and leaving the rest of the gun out there.Over the years there have been many requests for 12 Ga bolt assy  I suspect that 99.99% went unfilled..MEANING  there should be 12 ga parts out that may be useable in a 16 ga gun..maybe a little tweaking...AND  buying up a boltless wallhanger may be a lot easier than finding the indivedual parts...Just a thought....
Jonathan849823
Author Image
Posted: March 21, 2013 8:39 AM
Thanks a bunch for the info.  I did try looking for the High Standard part but ran into the same problem with availability.  It seems the problem with this lifter is that the tang that lifts the assmbly was a weak spot and it broke on many of these and similar models.  I did obtain a lifter from a 12 gauge of the same model and I am currently attempting to get a Gun Smith to modify it to fit. The 12 gauge doesn't attach with the same type of tail/tang.  

Again, thanks for the response.  
Zeke
Author Image
Posted: March 21, 2013 12:36 PM
The fact that are design difference should have jumped up and smacked me in the head...First clue should have been that only the 12 gauge guns were recalled. The concern with the 12 bores was that the bolt would be propelled rearward and the bolt stop would fail. It would seem that all the gauges would have that same issues....if they were made the same as operating pressures are all about the same  12/16 @11,500 PSI and the  20 ga is higher by 500 psi and the .410 even higher 2.5"=12,500 and 3"= 13,500   a couple of things like bolt mass enter into it...but  seeing only the 12 bore was recalled  something differed.......It may be more feasible to replace the whole undercarriage than just the lifter.......
Our members have made a total of 239036 posts
We have 489079 registered members
The newest member is Andrius1004772
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies