Forum > Gunsmithing > Gunsmithing > Smith & Wesson 2nd model army

Smith & Wesson 2nd model army

capt55
Posted: February 9, 2013 04:49 PM
I just got a very nice 2 model Smith in for some work.  I'm sure I a am going to have problems finding parts, but I think I can fabricate what I need if I can find some schematics.  It's a real nice 32 rim fire.   Does anyone have or know where I might find schematics for this gun.  I't needds the cylinder stop, stop plate.   capt55: [img]/pub/Smiles/Question.png[/img]
Ezequiel
Posted: February 9, 2013 05:21 PM

Gunsmith and author Dave Chicoine has a number of parts for classic S&W firearms. I understand that his health hasn't been all that great as of late but a family memeber is answering his e-mails and filling parts orders....check his website at www.oldwestgunsmith.com and his bo...

capt55
Posted: February 14, 2013 02:51 PM

Thanks Zeke, but no luck.  I e-mailed Bob and he does not have any parts for this gun.  I can fabicate probably if I can find any good schematics or dimentions.  Not much information on this little gun.

calt55:forum image

Ezequiel
Posted: February 15, 2013 09:42 AM

Capt55.....check with these folks for a parts source or blueprints. Smith & Wesson Collectors Assn.     PO Box 444   Afton, NY 13730  The last info I have is thar Cally Pletl is the admin. asst. who fields the queries.......

Ezequiel
Posted: February 17, 2013 10:56 AM

Capt55, Since it is rumored that both Custer and Hickock carried these..Custer carried one and Wild Bill carried a pair it is possible that one of the current  makers of clones and replicas has produced them. If that is the case, then you may be able to find usable parts at www.vtigunparts.com or they may be able to direct you to a source.....

capt55
Posted: February 18, 2013 11:29 AM

Thanks Zeke, I'll try both of them.  This is only the second one I have ever seen and it's in excellant condition other than missing parts.  Don't k now the value, but Bob's was listing parts in the $150.00 range for later  models.  May be exspensive to fix, but i think it might be worth it.

Capt55;:

Ezequiel
Posted: February 18, 2013 05:59 PM

Flaydermann's puts the  S&W Model No.2 Old Model aka Model  No. 2 Army in Very good condition at $1000 in Excellent condition at $ 2500 but there are certain markings that affect value as well There is a few bearing the B.Kitteridge & Co/Cincinnati,O marking on the side of the barrel that raises all sort of havoc with the collector pricing  In 1862 they purchased 2600 of these then sold 730 to the State of Kentucky..these will bear the mrking os the7th KY Cavalry and these will draw a premium.  exc=$3500  The balance of the production run Staqndard   w/ 3 pins holding the cylinder stop w either  a 5" or 6" bbl Exc=$2000 and same as above but with the very rare 4" bbl  Exc.=$5000  But beware...these are among the most forged S&W revolvers  from flat out forgeries to altered to the 3 pin type.......