Furthering the Legacyone part at a time

Have questions? Call: 866-686-7424

Forum > Hand Guns > Hand Guns > Rohm RG 10x revolver

Rohm RG 10x revolver

SylviaP
Posted: March 14, 2011 03:40 PM
Could anyone suggest where I might find a parts diagram/schematic for a Rohm RG 10x revolver? I looked in places suggested by previous posts, and was unable to find anything. Also, would the parts for any of the other RG 22 revolvers be likely to fit this one? I picked this gun up for something for my boyfriend to tinker with, as he loves this sort of thing, but I would like to at least give him any additional information that I can find, as well.
daniel
Posted: March 14, 2011 04:18 PM

Look in find manufactures under R then look at ROHM

Daniel

daniel
Posted: March 14, 2011 04:37 PM

ROHM is not the place look at RG instead.

Daniel

Ezequiel
Posted: March 14, 2011 05:30 PM

These revolvers are as basic as they can be.None are of a unique design. If they are double action, then they(most likely) copy the S&W..in rare instances..the Colt DA revolvers..part names and specs will differ but the guns will assemble and function much as the cited firearms. If they are single action..like a Cowboy gun, then they copy the Colt Single Action Army. For parts, You can check with out Host(order their 3 volume set of paper catalogs...#33) and the "best" source of parts is via e-mail to armatt@aol.com...Be aware that these revolvers were banned from import by the Gun Control Act of 1968. By and large they are cheap pot metal junkers that are as apt to fail to function even when brand new out of the box.In a nutshell, they are the fathers of the term.."Saturday Night Special" and without question JUNK!!!! Sorry, But you do your boyfriend an disservice by getting him started with these type of firearm..there is little GOOD that can be learned from them and are near useless in a self defense situation...IMHO,Of Course.....

Alan in Nevada1
Posted: March 15, 2011 05:39 AM

But do give him the little revolver anyway. It isn't dangerous to shoot, likely didn't cost much and, if shot a much, may very well require a lot of "tinkering."

For diagrams and schematics of Smith&Wesson and Colt revolvers:

For a freebie try:

www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm

www.gunmanuals.ch.

www.again.net/~steve/page7.htm

www.urban-armory.com/diagrams

www.biggerhammer.com (key in "gun manuals" in the search box)

www.noldensfirearmsresearch.com

www.longhunt.com/schematics/schematics.shtml

www.marstar.ca

hnolden@yahoo.com

www.gunsworld.com

http://www.savage99.com/index.htm

www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum (Bryco and Jennings handguns)

http://tm-techmark.com/jspacek/HSinstructions/ (High Standards)

www.histandard.info/manuals or e-mail to johnjr@highstandard.org (High Standards)

www.waltheramerica.com (Walthers)

Probably not freebies:

www.cornellpubs.com

www.rayrilingarmsbooks.com

abbybooks@comcast.net

www.rediscovered-shooting-treasures.com

www.dixiegun.com and www.trackofthewolf.com (working drawings of old firearms)

This forum's host has for free or for $.99 schematics for a number of guns at

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Search.aspx?catid=0&filter=schematics

For any problems or help in the future, you know where we're at. :)

SylviaP
Posted: March 15, 2011 07:20 AM

Thank you, everyone. I didn't really intend for him to learn anything with this, I am just getting it for him to have fun with, fixing it up for me. This is the type of thing that he enjoys, fixing things and getting them to work properly. Besides, after he gets it fixed, we can have fun, going out plinking with it.

Ezequiel
Posted: March 15, 2011 10:21 AM

Sylvia, Getting the revolver to work properly may be an industry first.......

capt55
Posted: March 16, 2011 10:41 AM

SlviaP, for what it's worth, I have all the schematics for the rg and rohn hadguns from the 60's. The were importing the rg10, but all the schematics I have start with the rg14. I don't k now why I never got schematics for the 10, but a lot of the guns were very similiar. If any other would do you any good, e-mail me and I'll send you a copy of any of them.

Capt55:

:)

also, I might add. Give me a day or two and I think I have a rg 10 in the parts boxes.

SylviaP
Posted: March 16, 2011 04:32 PM

That is about what I have, too. I do have a parts list for both the RG10, and the RG10s, however. Would parts match up for the RG10x from those two pistols, do you know?

Ezequiel
Posted: March 16, 2011 06:05 PM

FWIW..there are two basic designs of solid frame double action revolvers in the gun world. The Colt design which is the more complicated as it has more parts and the S&W design. Most all of the cheap revolver companies didn't spend $$$$ doing their own engineering and design. They just took a practical working design and copied it. If anything they "cheaped" it down to up their profit margin with as little cash outlay as possible. The Rohm/RG potmetal guns are a copy(not clone) of the solid frame double action S&W. If you get a copy of Jerry Kuhnhausen's book on these S&W revolvers titled "The S&W Revolver...A Shop Manual" it will enable you to see the parts,name the parts and determine how and why they do what they do. While the shapes may differ and the names of the parts may differ, they remain the same in function. Example: If you contact our host and tell them you need the part that S&W calls a cylinder lock, but you need the same part for an RG10 they will know what you mean and should be able to determine if they have what you require. The other thing that will differ is the math. Example, there is a specific plus or minus tolerence between the face of the cylinder and the rear of the barrel. That will be a different number for the S&W than it is for the RG10. >>>>BUT...what it does tell you is that this gap is a critical dimension,not only in the S&W,but in all revolvers and if you replace the cylinder or the barrel, you will need to determine EXACTLY what that dimension is. To not do so can cause the gun to bind up if the gap is to tight or causwe the person shooting or next to the shooter to suffer serious physical injury if that gap and/or alignment is out of spec. So, while the S&W shop manual won't give you the MATH...it will tell you that there is Math and that is very important......Happy and Safe Gunsmithing.......