Furthering the Legacyone part at a time

Have questions? Call: 866-686-7424

Forum > Hand Guns > Hand Guns > SCCY handguns

SCCY handguns

RF4guy
Posted: April 25, 2013 12:04 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these guns? Reliable?
Ezequiel
Posted: April 25, 2013 01:15 PM

Check this: forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOP...            and  just another entry into the compsoite(read cheaper to make) CCW market..IMHO..I tend to stay away from companies with an unproven history...Example...As much as i think bot Kimber and Dan Wesson make excellent firearms...I hesitate to buy or recommend these to customers simply because of the track record of ownership...both have had several corporations..another example is the use of the Charles Daly name  last entry into the field marketed junk when compared to the CD history and name..i know nothing of this company   SCCY..they say made and assembled in America  my question...for how long?

RF4guy
Posted: April 26, 2013 09:20 AM

A guy I know has one and speaks highly of it. My daughter currently carries a Charter Arms undercover, but has expressed interest in a semi-automatic...but doesn't have a lot of $$.

Ezequiel
Posted: April 28, 2013 12:00 PM

RF4guy... If you google the name ,you can access several reviews of the product..i would pay closer attention to those posted by retailers and professional gunsmiths...basically becaquse the retailer will deal with more of them than an idvidual buyer...the reviews I've read that were posted by dealers were.for the most part, negative...not only were there consistent malfunctions, factory service was not good. As a pro-gunsmith...just looking at the design and materials...this firearm screams drop together parts with little to no hand labor in fitting and function  The least "gunsmithed" auto's out there consist of plastic recievers and SS slides and small parts...no finish work required..I would think that many of designs like this get a hand cycle test  to see if it will feed dummy rounds from the magazine and eject same on a hand cycle...can't say this is how SCCY does it..I just see this is the path of least resistence and cheaper........If I were to arm my kid with an auto of this nature  a name brand would be the choice..like the Ruger line of concealed carry autos......like  Ruger has been around for a while...the birth and life expectency of a fledgling gun company is always suspect.....

RF4guy
Posted: April 29, 2013 12:09 PM

All very good points Zeke. Thanks for the input.

Ezequiel
Posted: April 29, 2013 12:12 PM

A firearm in the same class  with a longer track record is the guns by Hi-Point.......