Forum > Product Details & Gun Parts Identification > Marlin > Help with screw identification / part number

Help with screw identification / part number

Author Message
Scott Schuety
Joined: October 2022
Posts: 0
Posted: October 16, 2022 09:52 AM

Hi, I have a 12ga exposed hammer pump shotgun, made by national fire arms. I’ve read that it’s a copy of a marlin 1898. It’s missing the screw as seen in the photo but I’m not sure what this particular screw is called, or which one to order. Screw hole is approximately 7/8 of an inch deep. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Joined: March 2010
Posts: 285
Posted: October 17, 2022 08:54 AM


  The screw needed for the Marlin 1898 is the trigger plate screw. There should be one of these screws on both the right and left side of the receiver.