Notifications

Close
Free shipping on $75 plus orders. Exclusions apply.*
Forum > Ordering > Ordering > Questions about AR Barrels

Questions about AR Barrels

donniepepper
Posted: September 11, 2019 09:19 PM

Product # 1819240 Model AR15, M16. I take when you use the phrase "in The White" it is meant as Stainless Steel which has been polished? When it is listed as no barrel extension, I assume the length of gas port has not been determined or drilled yet. What I would like to know is if I purchased this barrel what work is required to make it functional?  Adding a barrel extension , pinning it and setting the headspace, drilling a gas port set up for rifle length depending on the barrel length and build?  When the barrel says 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem,  does this mean it is chambered in 5.56 NATO which will also chamber a .223 Rem  cartridge or is it a .223 Wylde chambering. How deep are he surface blemishes? I plan on glass beading these barrels but do not want to spend an enormous amount of time sanding them before, glass beading? If a barrel has an extension already installed on it, is it head-spaced and pinned properly, if so I assume the gas port hole has been drilled. If so what size is the port hole? Being stainless steel are the barrels which have extensions installed and drilled for a gas port, have they had a "Detent" drilled for the gas block set-screw.  Sorry for so many question, but I have my eye on 3-4 of the AR15 SS barrels that you carry and I'm trying to eliminate any guess work, so there are no surprises when I do order a barrel. I'm hoping we may be able to due business into the foreseeable future. I don't know what supply of these Sabre Defense  Mfg. barrels you have or how long you will be able to get them. Thank you for your time, Sincerely, Don 

GunPartsCorp
Posted: September 12, 2019 10:14 AM

The term "In The White" means that the barrels are without a finish of any kind (Blued, Parkerized, Polished etc.).  These barrels are unfinished steel but they are NOT stainless steel.  

These are without barrel extensions and do not have the gas port drilled therefore to make them "functional" they will need the barrel extension pinned and set for headspace and the gas port drilled to suit the need of the rifle.

The barrels are chambered 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem which will accept either cartridge.  They are NOT .223 Wylde chambered.

Product # 1819240 is listed as New - Sabre Defence and does not list anything about surface blemishes.

As for any other AR15/M16 barrels we would need specific product numbers to answer any other questions that you may have pertaining to those barrels.

Thank you.

FURTHERING THE LEGACY, ONE PART AT A TIME