Notifications

Close
Forum > Other > Other > Sears Model 3T

Sears Model 3T

Timothy683531
Posted: May 16, 2013 03:50 PM
Hello all. I am in need of some assistance. I am redoing a sears model 3T. I know the gun isnt worth a lot but it belonged to my grandfather. I removed the trigger group and then the bolt. A small piece of metal fell out and I honestly dont know where it goes. I believe it is the recoil plate "L shaped piece of metal with a small hole and a hook on the leg." does anyone know where this piece sits on the bolt? I havent been able to locate anything on assembly guides or dis-assembly guides. Yhanks in advance for any information.
Pul7gs
Posted: May 16, 2013 04:24 PM

You have a Sears "Ted Williams" model 3T  See the sears site

http://parts.sears.com/partsdirect/part-model/Sears-Parts/Gun-Parts/Model-2732400/0934/1310000/00035442/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod= 

Ezequiel
Posted: May 16, 2013 04:56 PM

The Model 3T was made for sears by Winchester and is the Model 190. The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly  Part III: Rimfire Rifles has the Winchester Model 190 in words and pictures. As to value..generally speaking, my rule of thumb is that a hardware gun(like yours) is valued and one grade down from the name brand gun. The Gun Digest Book of Modern Gun Values shows the Model 190 Winchester as being valued at: Exc.=$125....Very Good=$100  and Good =$70   The gun was made from 1967 to 1980. Other info. This gun was first introduced as the Model 290 in 1964...it is considered to be a Deluxe version of the economy grade Model 190. early guns will have a plastic front sight and magazine tube hanger.  The book cited has a 20 step takedown procedure and there is an added  2 steps under Reassembly Tips. A special tool is sold by Brownells to takedown the barrel from the reciever...take note there is a PERMANENTLY mounted magazine tube hanger that prevent the barrel coller from being removed  and taking the barrel off is tricky in that you use a hammer and you can damage the front face of the reciever in the takedown process. FWIW  Browning now owns the name Winchester and has set up operations in NC with only certain models being supported. If you need parts and our host doesn't have them, consult NULINE GUNS as they acquired many parts when Winchester shut down in Connecticut......

kalylcie
Posted: June 28, 2022 04:57 AM (This post was last edited June 28, 2022 05:01 AM)

Sears Model 3T was a well-built, solid and dependable vacuum cleaner that remained in production from 1958 to 1982. It stood out from its competitors with a built-in hose and a telescopic wand for reaching higher places.helix jump

johnjenniffer6489
Posted: September 23, 2022 09:18 AM

Your sears model 3t is basically a winchester model 190 with sears tags on ,,value for it would be low and i'd say around 125-135 if working and in good condition,,the winchester model was made from 1967-1980 so i would say thats pretty close ,,sears labeled models of most rifles will not sell as high as the parent rifles just because the name isn't winchester stamped on it ,,dealers would proably offer ya around 60-75 bucks for it if they wanted it,,even the 190 winchester's are slow movers in gunshops these days ,,they were just a plain jane 22 rifle that worked good with proper ammo.

wedding photo booth

davidjosephh6565
Posted: September 26, 2022 06:50 AM

Order your Sears Model 3T parts and more today from Numrich. Numrich is America's source for current and obsolete rifle parts and schematics.

foundation repair cost