Close
Forum > Other > Other > Sharps 32 4 barrel derringer

Sharps 32 4 barrel derringer

Glen Gremillion
Posted: February 3, 2011 07:34 PM
Looking for a set of used original grips. Any suggestions
Ezequiel
Posted: February 4, 2011 09:57 AM

The "SHARPE'S" handguns of the deringer type were made in several models. The most popular was the 4-shot Pepperbox Pistol. They were offered in four numbered models...1-2-3-4 The Model 1 was a .22 cal rimfire..the Model 2 was identical to the model 1 except it was in .30 caliber. The Model 3 was manufactured by Sharpe & Hankins and marked...address Sharpe & Hankins, Philadelphia, Penn on the frame and was a .32 short rimfire caliber, the # 4 was identical to the #3 except it is chambered for the .32 LONG rimfire cartridge. The #'s 4 have the "birdshead" style of grips. DOM period is from approx 1859 and 1874 with values listed up to the grade of GOOD=$750....Fair =$300 and Poor=$150...to find a set of original grips presents a pair of issues...the first being that the likelyhood of finding someone parting out one is near impossible and to be an added additional value...they must not only be proper..they must match the rest of the guns condition...if any attempt,regardless of how professionally done...to make the firearm look like new is an error..any value is based on percntage of original finish and the accrued "patina" that anyting of 150 or so years of age would have naturally aquired..That said..I would start with www.dixiegun.com and a monitoring of the various on line gun auctions...You can join an list your wants on the new Spokane website

Glen Gremillion
Posted: February 12, 2011 12:41 PM

Thanks for the information. I have a #4 in poor condition and one side of the grips (right if holding gun by grip) was hand carved and replaced by soft wood and poorly done. Will go to the Dixie cite you mentioned. Thanks

belljim2873
Posted: July 5, 2022 09:09 AM

Do you still have 4b sharps 4 barrel derringer 

I would be interested in buying it 

belljames2@yahoo.com 

Looking for parts for 4b  32 sharps 4 barrel derringer and other Sharps models

Thanks James Bell