Notifications

Close
Forum > Rifles > Rifles > 48 Yugo Mauser

48 Yugo Mauser

Mark1223598
Posted: January 8, 2017 10:23 AM
What is the angle of the dovetail for the front sight of the Yugo M48 mauser? I am trying to fit a Brownells tall front sight and my tired eyes are having a hard time picking up the angle. Thanks for your help.
Ezequiel
Posted: January 8, 2017 12:49 PM

There is a Book by Jerry Kuhnhausen a Shop Manula on Mausers

The Mauser Bolt Actions...A Shop Manual SKU#924-400-098AQ

Bear in mind that the Yugo 48 is a beast unto itself

You can go to www.brownells.com and do a live chat with a Mauser expert

Mark1223598
Posted: January 9, 2017 07:05 AM

Thank you for a direction. You are right about them being a beast unto themselves

henrylmosley2
Posted: April 22, 2022 05:45 AM (This post was last edited April 26, 2022 01:48 AM)

My concept of integrating speedlok-rooster on opening into an 1891-style bolt was tended to. The bolt configuration doesn't have adequate material to cut the rooster on an opening slope without debilitating the bolt. This was made sense of and covered with photos. It saved me from burning through my time and going with a silly choice. His data on setting up singe commitment, wellbeing fitting, and barrel stringing is exactly what you want to tune a Mauser.

I would prescribe this book to anybody chipping away at Mauser and Mauser-based rifles. The data is additionally of significant assistance for Siamese Mausers, Springfields, P14/P17 Enfields, and Destroyer carbines. There is a great deal of Mauser activities around that were either not appropriately set up at the production line because of excellent free chat support and wartime alternate routes, or gathered from leaves behind with no custom fitting.