Notifications

Close
Forum > Rifles > Rifles > Marble No. 894 front sight

Marble No. 894 front sight

mitch656178
Posted: August 8, 2016 02:58 PM
I have a 1927 Winchester model 1894 nickel steel 30-30 and am trying to track down a replacement front sight. The sight that came off of it was a Marble #894. Just testing the waters to see if anyone has any leads....
Ezequiel
Posted: August 8, 2016 03:04 PM

Try these two for a original

www.winchesterbob.com

or Google

Garry Fellers

I have gotten many such sights from these guys;;BUT..the BIG BUT  the price will reflect the rarity of the sight

If that is an issue

The check with

www.brownells.com

they carry mant of the Marble current production sights

Also....Google

Buckinghams Antique Winchesters

FWIW  The last  restoration I did on a 94 sights was from Buckinghams and the front sigt was  a plain brass blade that cross pinned in a ramp soldered to the barrel.....

I have some serial number to  factory parts paperwork...PM witht he serial number and all the markings and I'll see if I can confirm your data....

mitch656178
Posted: August 9, 2016 05:50 AM

Thanks! I actually called Gary yesterday with no luck. I checked Browells as well and even called Marbles. I know that there's one out there, just have to be patient. Serial number is 102****** thanks for getting back to me, I'll check Winchester Bob as well.

mitch656178
Posted: August 9, 2016 06:04 AM

I ordered a simple steel blade sight from homestead parts, just not as nice as the marbles with ivory bead. When I inherited the rifle from my father it was missing a few screws, spring cover and had a broken firing pin, the marbles sight was bent over pretty bad and snapped while I was trying to straighten it. I ordered most of the parts here, but still need the sight and saddle ring since someone apparently cut this one off leaving just the stud.

Ezequiel
Posted: August 9, 2016 09:22 AM

Try these for used parts

www.gun-parts.com...aka Bob's Gun Shop

www.hoosiergunworks.com

www.westerngunparts.com

www.marstar.ca

I have also found parts with Dixie Gun Works....Buffalo Arms and Track of the Wolf

mitch656178
Posted: August 9, 2016 12:29 PM

Thank you. I'm searching

lequese
Posted: August 18, 2022 11:27 PM

The cartridge is typically loaded with a fairly heavy bullet weight such as 140 grains (.3 grain), but can be loaded with lighter bullets as well. The popular round has been used for hunting small game and varminting, though it has also become increasingly popular among recreational shooters due to its low cost and easy handling characteristics. It is especially popular among shooters looking for an inexpensive entry into the world of long range target shooting due to its low cost and high performance.

Host at Quordle, LMC td