Notifications

Close
Forum > Shotguns > Shotguns > Hastings makes a Rifled Paradox Sabot Discarding choke. I need

Hastings makes a Rifled Paradox Sabot Discarding choke. I need

Numrich Archiver
Posted: January 26, 2005 04:28 PM
Numrich Archiver
Posted: January 26, 2005 07:26 PM

Hastings makes a good product, but don't expect to get rifle accuracy from a rifled choke tube. It is a step up from a smoothbore and not going to make a 200 yard neck shot on Whitetail possible. What it will do is reduce the size of your groups(out to 100 yds at best) and that will be after an ammo search to find the best load. Sabots normally work best in a rifled barrel or tube. The task would be incomplete if you don't upgrade your sighting equipment. The use of a LER scope or a Red Dot sight will do at least as much as the choke tube. To be at its best the sight should maintain a constant relationship to the bore of the barrel. That means that in anything but a bolt action the sighting equipment is barrel mounted and not on the reciever. A "Scout" type of mount or a cantilever mount do the best job.

Numrich Archiver
Posted: January 26, 2005 09:05 PM

Thanks for the education FYI. I had no intention or did I expect anything out to 200yds. More like 50 or 60 at most. The hastings tube is five inches long. Is longer better? I was hoping that someone would reply that has used one or any of the rifled chokes.

gggrabotaq
Posted: October 31, 2022 04:33 PM

Thanks for post

daw