Notifications

Close
Forum > Shotguns > Shotguns > I am still looking for the assembly manual for a stevens 315

I am still looking for the assembly manual for a stevens 315

Numrich Archiver
Posted: January 8, 2005 05:33 PM
Numrich Archiver
Posted: January 8, 2005 07:19 PM

Try www.noldensfirearmsresearch.com

Numrich Archiver
Posted: January 8, 2005 08:03 PM

Len, Brownells has a publication called the "Encyclopedia of Modern Firearms" Parts & Assembly Volume one. On page 775 it has an illustrated parts breakdown of the Model 315. The cocking system of the 311 and the 315 use the same cocking lever, part #530-41. It is with the notation that:(a) These parts can be used,but will require fitting, as they are from a later model gun. Supply of original parts is now exhausted. This is what led me to suggest that you could use the 311 instructions. Have you contacted the Savage/Stevens/Springfield Customer Service people for assistence?

Numrich Archiver
Posted: January 9, 2005 08:06 AM

I have call Savage they no longer have publications and refered me to a John Calahan a historian. I sent him a letter but have not heard back yet. I can not figure out how the parts on the barrel and the parts on the reciever meass together I must be missing a spring or somthing. Again thank you all for your help. I hope this is the proper way to answere someones question as I am not used to message boards or chat rooms.

Len

Numrich Archiver
Posted: January 9, 2005 10:58 AM

Len, Your doing just fine. Our host has a schematic of the 315 on page #784 of Catalog #26(it may different in the new #27 cat.) You should be able to pull up this schematic and its parts list by returning to the Home Page and looking left. Take note of the list of services(where you found the link to "Message Boards). Click "Start Here">"S">Savage/Stevens/Springfield>Model 315. From here you should be able to inventory the parts you have against what is pictured, Again, The basic assembly/Disassembly of these models is very close to one another. The orientation of the parts in the schematic is the way they are in the assembled firearm with the gun in front of you on the bench and the butt plate to your left and the muzzle to your right. While the parts on the 311 may vary in shape the location,orientation and function remains the same.