Genuine WWII production PU sniper scope, not like the ones currently being produced in China or Russia. Representing some of the last original PU scopes to come out of the Russian armories. This wartime scope was produced by the Soviet Union between 1941 and 1945. Very good to excellent condition considering their age and the fact that they were used in combat during the war. Scope has crystal clear optics and come with an original leather lens cover, canvas scope/action cover and the original side mount. The side mount rail is not included, as it was typically left on the Mosin Nagant rifle when the scope was removed for long-term storage. Some of the scopes may have been serviced by the military between 1954 and 1968 and put back into long-term storage. Most of the scopes were produced at one of the following factories: Progress (#357), Kazan (#237), Ishkaralan (#297), Novosibirsk and Krasnogorsk (#357). Note: Due to the span of production years and the various factories involved, markings may vary.